“From the Ancient Wisdoms to Quantum Physics,
It’s All About the Energy!”
What’s In It For Me? – Part I©
Dennis L. Dossett
(All Rights Reserved)
Several months ago, I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman who was trying to wrap his head around the concept of Conscious Living, the content and subtitle of my three books in the Dancing with the Energy series. After a quite lengthy pause, he finally said, “It sounds like a lot work. What’s in it for me? What’s the essence of all this stuff?” I had to think a bit about the “essence” part of his question, but it basically boils down to one word: Freedom—in its many and varied applications. I could meander around on this topic ad nauseum, but let’s take a brief look at what just a couple of my greatest teachers have to say on the subject.
Freedom of Choice
Every one of my greatest teachers is very clear in stating that life is not a matter of fate, but a matter of choice. Yes, there are lessons to be learned, karmic energy to be balanced, and trapped or unused energy to be released and healed, but life events are not predetermined. Rather, they are the results of choices we make both before we incarnate as well as during the current lifetime. Moreover, these choices are cumulative, resulting either in adding to trapped energy in the soul memory or healing it, thus raising our vibration. Whatever the outcome, every single bit of life experience is a result of our choices. Even karma is created by unwise choices (whether intended or not) and is most constructively resolved or balanced as a matter of conscious choices (a.k.a., Conscious Living).
One of my wisest teachers, Maitreya (channeled by Margaret McElroy), tells us that:
• “My purpose on the earth plane is to bring the message of freedom of choice and to release all fear. To some this may seem a hard thing to do, for many just cannot make a choice, and even more cannot release their fear.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #217, December 1, 2008)
And Abraham (Collective consciousness of Spirit as channeled by Esther Hicks) says:
• “Your Universe is based upon freedom—freedom for everyone to choose what they give their attention to, and therefore what they choose to experience. And your interaction with one another provides a contrasting basis that assures continual expansion.” ~ Abraham (Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditations CD and User Guide, 2010)
• “We want to speak about freedom: This is a Vibrational Universe. The only Source that flows is the Source of Well-Being. And, physical and Nonphysical, we are all free to allow that Well-Being to flow to us and through us or we can pinch it off. It is our call—every time.” ~ Abraham (San Francisco, CA, February 28, 2004)
Freedom of Choice / Free Will is a basic tenet of Conscious Living, but is sometimes a bit misunderstood by some people. To clarify, what both Maitreya and Abraham mean by “freedom of choice” is the following:
• “Free will is not the freedom to do something totally unpredictable. Free will is the freedom to be guided by wisdom as opposed to ignorance.” ~ J. Donald Walters (1926-2013; a.k.a. Swami Kriyananda; American author, lecturer, composer, and playwright; direct disciple of the yogi Paramhansa Yogananda)
Freedom from Fear
• “Fear is energy; it is a trapped energy. So, you are trapped by your fear. Many incarnations can pass where you have the same fear. It travels with you like an overcoat, incarnation after incarnation. Life after life you run away from it despite us in the spiritual world bringing that fear into your life to assist you to free yourselves from it. Once it is faced, then it no longer has any power over you, and you are free.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #253, October 26, 2009)
• “Once you face your fear it ceases to be. It is gone. Yet, while you have the fear you are rigid at even the thought of it. That rigidity will bind you in a prison forever, unless you become more pliable. What is your fear? Where does this fear come from? You may say ‘it comes from an experience in this life’ and yet you will usually find it is connected to past lives too. Only by going into that lifetime and freeing yourself from it, will you be free of the fear. You may say ‘I do not think I am good enough/capable enough/ strong enough etc., to do it, and while you make that statement you never will be.’” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #230, April 16, 2009)
And in a very contemporary context, Abraham says that:
• “It does not matter whether you are living in a country where there are some frequent terrorist attacks, or in a country where there are random acts of violence. It does not matter what the culture is, it is only the feeling of vulnerability that ever puts you into a vibrational harmony with that which you fear. When you realize that by working to achieve your feeling of Well-being, it is then impossible for you to ever rendezvous with anything other than Well-being—that is the only place that freedom will ever be.” ~ Abraham (San Francisco, CA, August 18, 2001)
Freedom from Not Being “In Control”
One (often terrifying to some people) fact of life is that we have somewhere between relatively little to absolutely no control over what happens to us, especially when it comes to the involvement of other people. It has been said that what happens to us is only about 10% of our total life experience, and any single factor is only a very small portion of that 10%. But at least 90% of our life experience is totally under our own control; it is How We Respond to that 10% of what happens to us. Abraham and many other Master teachers tell us that it is a choice whether we give our attention to those people, things, and events that trigger us—or not. That last part (or not) is what Maitreya refers to when he frequently says, “Give it no energy.” And Abraham says:
• “The choices that others make cannot negatively impact your experience unless you include them in your experience through your attention to them. Things come to you only through your Vibrational invitation—and they remain only by your continuing attention to them.” ~ Abraham (Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditations CD and User Guide, 2010)
Note that this “vibrational invitation” is not necessarily (and usually not consciously) an expression of what you want or wish to happen; it is a reflection of your current vibrational level (including fear and other negative emotions trapped in the subconscious mind), not just what is going through your conscious mind. It takes conscious energy (work, patience, faith, etc.) to change your subconscious energy (release, detach, etc.—a topic for another time—as well as to create, manifest, transform, etc.). If you really want to improve (change) your life, just “wishing” for it will bring you absolutely nothing but frustration, disappointment, failure, lower self-esteem / self-worth, etc. As my dear grandmother-in-law used to say, “If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.” That is why Conscious Living is so important.
When Spirit gave me the title for this blog several months ago, I had only a vague idea of what it might entail. But as I began to engage with the topic seriously, I was quite surprised both by the direction it took as well as its scope. I had no clue that this blog would be Part I of a two-part series. But now I clearly see that; I have nearly reached the limits of my space (and probably the patient attention of my readers). At least all of us know what the title of the next blog will be, but I think the content just might surprise you. I’m sure it will surprise me as well!
Until then, have a great month!