“From the Ancient Wisdoms to Quantum Physics,
It's All About the Energy!”
Dennis L. Dossett
(All Rights Reserved)
Last month's blog, “Patience – Part I,” noted that Patience is a learned skill requiring practice and refinement over time. So, how does one learn Patience? The answer is really quite simple if not so easy to accomplish. Patience is learned by “Going with the Flow,” which is the essence of Patience.
That blog also discussed two major factors involved in a person's motivation to exhibit patient behavior: conscious intention and choosing to raise one's vibration. Maitreya (channeled by Margaret McElroy) clearly identifies Patience as a necessary part of spiritual development and an important component of “Going with the Flow.”
As the late-night television commercials incessantly tell us, “But WAIT...there's even more!” There is yet another aspect that Patience and Going with the Flow have in common, and it is really important to both. That factor is geared not only to the future in terms of soul evolution, but also to the present in terms of the quality of one's life here and now. And what is that factor? [Editorial Note: “Drum Roll!!!”] ... Manifesting!
• “What true patience is, is knowing that you want it and knowing that it's coming and actually enjoying the unfolding along the way. Understand that you never get it done. So, you might as well be patient. You never get it done, because every time you want and receive, you also receive a new perspective from which to want. Life is a constant unfolding of new desires and then a constant alignment to those desires.” ~ Abraham (Larkspur, CA, August 30, 1997; channeled by Esther Hicks)
In other words, Patience is actually a process, and a very active one at that. Let's see what else is involved:
• “Patience is also a form of action.” ~ Auguste Rodin (1840-1917; French sculptor)
• “Be patient. Patience is also preparation. It is the action before the act.” ~ Noah ben Shea (Canadian-American poet philosopher)
• “Patience is not sitting and waiting, it is foreseeing. It is looking at the thorn and seeing the rose, looking at the night and seeing the day. Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.” ~ Shams Tabrizi (1185-1248; Persian Muslim credited as the spiritual instructor of Rumi)
This quote has Manifesting written all over it. The great 20th century metaphysical teacher, Neville Goddard, taught a critically important principle in manifesting, that of visualizing what you desire “as an accomplished fact in your life.” When you visualize in this fashion, the end result has already been created; it just awaits the rest of the process to manifest.
And speaking of Rumi:
• “When I run after what I think I want, my days are a furnace of distress and anxiety; if I sit in my own place of patience, what I need flows to me, and without any pain. From this I understand that what I want also wants me, is looking for me and attracting me. There is a great secret in this for anyone who can grasp it.” ~ Jelaluddin Rumi
In short, as the old song by Sy Oliver & James “Trummy” Young (1939) says, “It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. That's what gets results!”
• “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” ~ Thomas Alva Edison
Given the incredible volume of inventions and patents he produced, Edison obviously understood that successfully manifesting results is all about the way you do it.
One of the essential points made by Rumi and Edison has to do with Allowing the energies of life to flow unhindered (without resistance) in order to Balance them. As I explain in my Dancing with the Energy books, only when your life energies are Balanced can you come into complete Alignment with your Higher Self (soul evolution). In that regard, I am discovering that Patience balances the energies in every situation, including your own. When you are aligned with your Higher Self, Patience constitutes not giving any energy to what does not serve you. Maitreya has told us this in different ways for many years, but I seem to be just now “getting it.” That is the bulk of “the rest of the process” required to manifest anything and everything in our lives efficiently and effectively. And finally:
• “Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them—every day begin the task anew.” ~ Saint Francis de Sales
This is where most of us (including yours truly) seem to have a little trouble. When we truly know what we want, we want it so badly, and we want it NOW. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Patience is something we have to grow into (as is the rest of soul evolution). It is a learned way of responding not only to the world around us but also to ourselves. This is not a new idea; it has been around for ages, but we (I) just wasn't ready to see it yet.
• “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
• “He that can have patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
So now I am finally ready to add one last entry into my decade-by-decade view of Patience:
The Evolution of Patience ~ Dennis L. Dossett
Age: 20 - “Patience is a virtue for those who have time to wait.”
Age: 30 - “Patience is a virtue.”
Age: 40 - “Patience!”
Age: 50 - “Patience is next to Godliness.”
Age: 60 - “Lord, please be patient with me!”
Age: Until Further Notice - “Be it hereby resolved:
I acknowledge that I am a work in progress.
I accept that I am not yet perfect and that this goal changes as I grow in discernment.
I understand that everything is perfect given my own level of soul evolution.
I believe that ‘Progress is my most important product.’
I know that Spirit always has and always will ‘have my back.’
I intend to grow into a better version of myself in my own chosen way and in my own good time.
I appreciate Spirit's constant reminders and nudges to develop and use patience as a tool to fuel that growth and to enhance the quality of my life here and NOW.”
I invite you to join me on our separate journeys of many lives, growing into Patience. Bon Voyage!
Have a great month!