“From the Ancient Wisdoms to Quantum Physics,
It’s All About the Energy!”
“I Choose to ...”©
Dennis L. Dossett
(All Rights Reserved)
This is one of those relatively rare times when “my guys” (my Spirit Guides) step in to declare the topic of the next blog. They usually leave it to my choice—sometimes with a little bit of suggestion—but this time there was no question. Not only that, they laid out the major points but they left me to figure out how to put the pieces together. I’m actually very happy about that because “exercising” the concepts and ideas into an understandable whole really helps me to better understand it myself. And that was really the point: “my guys” wanted this material added into last month’s online class (“Making Your Affirmations WORK!”) on the second Thursday of the month and now video on demand.
But as I worked with the material to get it ready for a class, I soon realized that this topic applies to far more than just affirmations. In fact, it is a core component of learning to become the “Master of your life” (Maitreya, channeled by Margaret McElroy) as well as “Creating the Life You Desire” (the subtitle of Book 3 in the Dancing with the Energy series). How does that happen?
As described in the Dancing with the Energy books, the process of soul evolution (becoming the Master of your life) can be portrayed as a pyramid with three layers, each layer resting on and dependent on the one below it. The top layer is Alignment of all your life energies with Higher Self. A necessary condition for complete Alignment is bringing your life energies into Balance which, in turn, is dependent on Allowing your life energies to flow freely, unhindered, without resistance. As a necessary condition, resisting (not Allowing) causes the entire structure to collapse, absolutely preventing both Balance and Allowing. If things are going to fall apart, it will be because of resistance. But Alignment is paramount! (Translation: if you don’t keep aiming at the target, you will never hit it!) With that in mind, the three components of “I Choose to ...” simultaneously help to manifest all three layers of the pyramid (and everything else for that matter!). So, let’s take a look at the three components of “I Choose to ... .”
The first component is Volition—the power of choosing, or the act of making a choice or decision. That seems pretty straightforward, but this is what happens: When you say “I Choose to ...” (emphasizing the word, “Choose”),
1. You acknowledge and focus your attention on your free will (Allowing).
• “Each one of you was born with the use of choice or free will. You have the choice of making your own decisions.” ~ Maitreya (as channeled by Margaret McElroy; Newsletter # 413, October 17, 2014)
• “This is always true: What I think and how I feel, and what manifests, is always a vibrational match. But here’s the big kicker: What manifests isn’t manifesting instantaneously. So, you’ve got all this buffer of time leeway that makes you sloppy… If you thought a negative thought and a brick would instantly fall on your head every time, you’d clean up your thinking. But you’re not here to be punished about your thinking. You’re here to use your thinking—and your focus—to create.” ~ Abraham (Collective consciousness of Spirit as channeled by Esther Hicks; Washington, DC, May 7, 2005)
2. You Allow your life energies to flow freely, without resistance.
• “And when you, right here, right now, no longer offer resistance to what you are asking for (by focusing on the opposite of it), it will reveal itself in your life experience immediately.” ~ Abraham (Facebook)
3. You acknowledge your empowerment to manifest everything in your life (Alignment).
• “Understanding that the way you feel is really about your Vibrational relationship with your Inner Being—with the Source within you, with the expanded version of you who resides inside your Vortex—gives you complete empowerment and absolute freedom.” ~ Abraham (Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditation CD and User Guide, November 1, 2010)
The second component is Intention—the purpose, object, objective, or goal you wish to accomplish or attain. That also seems quite obvious, but this is what it does: When you say “I Choose to ...” (emphasizing the word, “to” and what follows it—you fill in the blank),
1. You focus your attention & energy on the “to,” the object of your intention (Balance).
The importance of intention cannot be overstated. As a specific type of thought, the research literature on goal setting (performance-oriented intention) spans well over 50 years, and the evidence is unequivocal: (a) Specific goals produce higher performance levels than general or "do your best" goals, (b) more difficult goals outperform easier goals, and (c) goals must be accepted by the performer for goal specificity and difficulty to work their "magic" irrespective of the task. All else being equal, the latter (goal acceptance) is often thought to be particularly helpful, and is the primary focus of the third component of the trio (below).
2. You initiate vibrational action first, (necessary for Alignment).
• “ It is far more beneficial to your overall creation to, first, identify the state of being that you intend, and next, the state of having that you intend, and last, what action you will seek.” ~ Abraham (A New Beginning, Volume 2, 1991)
3. Vibrational action first guides and directs subsequent physical action to achieve your intention (Balance & Allowing).
• “Take the time to line up the Energy first, and action becomes inconsequential. If you don’t take the time to line up the Energy, if you don’t find the feeling place of what you’re looking for, not enough action in the world will make any difference.” ~ Abraham (San Diego, CA, August 3, 1997)
The third component is Agency—the capacity or state of acting/exerting power. This is what happens with Agency: When you say “I Choose to ... ” (emphasizing the word, “I”),
1. You accept responsibility for becoming the Master of your life (Alignment).
• “You alone are responsible for your experiences and you alone chose them before you were born. Embrace them with positive feelings and move forward in vibration.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #119, July 26, 2004)
2. You focus your attention on “I,” the person who exerts power to achieve the desired outcome (Balance).
• “Your true happiness happens when you discover that no one but yourself is responsible for the way you feel.” ~ Abraham
3. You give yourself permission to take necessary steps to manifest your intention (Allowing).
The underlying theme of Agency is accepting responsibility, an absolutely necessary condition to become the Master of your life. But the concept of “responsibility” is often misunderstood even by devoted spiritual seekers (see my blog, Taking Responsibility versus Blaming Yourself). Essentially, “the buck stops here.” Your life is your life; nobody can or will live it for you (try as they might or as sometimes you might wish!).
So, what good is all of this? Well, in order to manifest anything (including becoming the Master of your life), changing what we think, what we believe, and how we live is necessary. And for most of us, change is hard. But one thing for certain, we have to learn how to reprogram the subconscious mind. That is where healing modalities such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Emotion Code© Therapy (among many others), affirmations, and manifesting procedures come into play. In short, think of it as Supercharging Your Affirmations!
There you have it. When you say “I Choose to ...”, you invoke Volition, Intention, and Agency together, resulting in Allowing, Balance, & Alignment all in one! What more could anyone want? But there is another way to view it—as an acronym, "VIA." It is actually a Latin word (dating back over two millennia) meaning "road", or "way," or "right method." The question is, "right method" for what purpose? And the answer is ... Conscious Living! (the major focus of the three Books in the Dancing with the Energy trilogy).
• “We can’t always choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how to dance with it.” ~ Unknown
The three Dancing with the Energy books are about learning to Dance with the Energy of Life in order to raise your vibration as well as to create the future you desire. And it is all about choice. If your choice is in Alignment with Higher Self, then you will likely either manifest what you want or something even better (the Universe knows best!). If your choice is not in Alignment with Higher Self, then you are more likely to manifest what you don’t want. Either way, it is your choice!
• “There are no rights; there are no wrongs—only what resonates with you. It is your choice.” ~ (The Essence of Maitreya’s Teachings)
So, what do I choose going forward? “I Choose VIA,” the Power of Choice in Conscious Living! What about you?
Have a great month!