“From the Ancient Wisdoms to Quantum Physics,
It's All About the Energy!”
Dennis L. Dossett
(All Rights Reserved)
Last month I shared part of a conversation I recently had with my Spirit guides. I was led to “discover” Ancient Parallels, Modern Applications that hadn't occurred to me before, even though I have been an on-and-off student of the Tao Te Ching for almost 40 years. I was blown away by the convergence (perhaps I should say “insertion”) of the Tao's wisdom into the framework of my three “Dancing with the Energy” books. In summary, Alignment with Higher Self (the Tao, the Way, the natural order) is attained through Balancing all aspects of life. Both of these can only be accomplished through Allowing (non-resistance, natural effortlessness, wu wei).
While preparing for another monthly webinar, my Spirit Guides “suggested” creating a short video (“a picture is worth a thousand words”) with wu wei as a metaphor to convey the essence of Dynamic Balance—constant adjustment to constant change (a.k.a. Life). Both wu wei and Dynamic Balance are the implementing principles of non-resistance, Allowing your life energies to flow freely. The opposite of allowing is, of course, resisting, a concept my clients often ask me to clarify. Abraham (channeled by Esther Hicks) provides one of the most complete explanations I have ever encountered:
• “Resistance is about believing that you are vulnerable or susceptible to something not wanted and holding a stance of protection—which only holds you in a place of not letting in the Well-Being that would be there otherwise. There is nothing big enough to protect you from unwanted things, and there are no unwanted things big enough to get into your experience.” ~ Abraham (Atlanta, GA November 4, 2000)
That last sentence is really important. First, protection is far more about enhancing the comfort zone of an individual than it is about actual “protection;” there is nothing big enough to do that. Thus, engaging in behaviors, rituals, or ceremonies for protection really can't do much of anything. Why? Because that last phrase in the sentence (there are no unwanted things big enough to get into your experience) affirms that at least 90% of our life experience is how we interpret what happens to us [see my blog, “I Am the (fill-in the blank)”], and that 90% is completely under our own control. In short, asking Spirit for protection (without us doing our part) actually can be a form of resistance, keeping us from receiving the well-being of Source Energy!
But ... there is a subtle opportunity for misunderstanding here. The real purpose of asking for protection is to actively align your life energies with Higher Self, not as an excuse to passively abdicate that responsibility to Spirit. Remember, we are here on the earth plane to grow into accepting the responsibility of becoming the Master of our life; we cannot “pass the buck.” That takes time, effort, and persistence. Maitreya (channeled by Margaret McElroy) addressed this issue in one of his newsletters:
• “[Individuals] often ... seek assistance ... and attach themselves to those with the Light bright within them. That is why we exhort you to use a prayer or incantation to protect yourself when you open to spiritual practices. They are drawn to the Light which shines bright within you. It is the energy of Love, and they are seeking help. If this happens, you [can] then become filled with fear, as their darkness and fear penetrate your energy. Souls can get lost then because the fear surrounds them and darkens the Light. Only if a soul has reached a certain rate of vibration can it not be bothered by this phenomenon.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #280)
There is an important role for prayer, incantation, affirmations, etc.—spiritual practices in general—that I write about in Dancing with the Energy – Book 3: Conscious Living – Creating the Life You Desire. But that role is specifically focused on actively aligning your life energies with Higher Self. Anything else is resistance pure and simple.
Clearly, resistance of any kind is a major factor in “What's Holding You Back” (the subtitle of Book 2 in the Dancing with the Energy trilogy) from raising your vibration and becoming the Master of your life. Three chapters in that book specifically deal with Life Lessons, Karma, and Trapped Energy. What is it that creates resistance in these major areas of spiritual development? The common denominator is known broadly as “attachment.” It is the single most important and most pervasive form of resistance each of us faces on our respective spiritual journeys. Attachment refers to anything you “hang on to” (for example, people, addictions, old habits, rituals, fear, doubt, the “comfort zone”—conditioning in any form) as a means of helping you to “cope with life.”
So, just what are these “attachments?” We all know that a “crutch” is a medical device that helps you to walk when you're injured or weak. Such devices are useful, practical, and often medically necessary. But a psychological crutch helps you when you think you need it in order to cope with life. It is something people rely on that they shouldn't need to. And sometimes a physical crutch becomes a psychological crutch long after the physical crutch is medically no longer needed. The presence of psychological crutches (attachments) in one's life essentially indicates that the person has chosen to be spiritually crippled as a convenient excuse rather than face their fears and accept responsibility for becoming the Master of their life.
But ... it is not that simple and not at all easy. All of us (at least of whom I am aware) on the earth plane have attachments that perpetuate our unlearned lessons, unbalanced karmic energy, and trapped energy—most of which originated in past lives. Sounds pretty bad—pretty extreme—to most people until they acknowledge that none of us is perfect and that we are all “works in progress.” As such, progress (a.k.a. soul evolution) is our most important product. That is why we are all here together on the earth plane.
By far the most important crutches human beings use are fear, doubt, and the comfort zone. There is always one or more of these involved in not trying to learn how to align our life energies with Higher Self, not trying to identify and work through unbalanced karmic obligations (which always comes with life lessons), and not learning to detach from trapped energy (which also always comes with life lessons). But remember that any attachment can and will hold you back from raising your vibration.
• “The whole purpose of your spiritual path is to let go of and move on from the emotional body. It is the emotional body which the [Lower] Self hangs on to, holding on to the fear, doubt, jealousy, anger, greed etc. Often you are not aware that this is happening to you, that the Self is hanging on to these emotions. As you face your fear and you face all of the emotional issues (which are often left-over energy from other lives), the Self has less and less to hold on to, and the Higher Self can then become a greater force in your life.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #193)
• “I must emphasize that when I am writing about emotions, I am referring to negative emotions such as anger, etc. The emotional body is a part of humanity tied to the animal part of you. It is a part of the [Lower] Self, a separate body which is designed to hold you back from moving forward. It knows all your fear, anger, frustration, weak negative parts of you, and it is capable of pulling it out of a hat like magic whenever it needs to slow you down.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #256)
• “The purpose of the life journey is to release this negative energy. ... The usual response ... is to run away; we do not wish to face whatever it is that we have to see. For those few who do stay, ... the release of this energy from the emotional body causes a rise in vibration and, as the soul rises above the illusion of the earth plane, it begins to see the futility of wasting energy, the futility of all negative energy. It is only then that the soul will begin to find peace. ... Every soul can have fulfillment ... [but] it has to be earned through facing all of the negative issues locked away in the subconscious mind. Then, and only then, will one find true fulfillment.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #56)
• “Raising one's vibration has nothing to do with study and education. It has to do with letting go of fear, doubt, pain, hurt, jealousy, anger, frustration, and all of the negative emotions. ... BUT until it is applied, all of the study in the world will not help.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #132, November 4, 2000
And lest you think that spiritual development is just about soul evolution, let me remind you that both Abraham and Maitreya explicitly tell us that we are intended to live lives of both joy and abundance. For example:
• “Trust is letting go of all the negative and allowing the divine energy of the Creator to fill your life and bring to you the happiness, success, and financial reward that is yours by right.” ~ Maitreya (Newsletter #303, March 22, 2010)
• “Break the cycle, learn how to forgive, forget, love unconditionally, have no hate, fear, doubt or other negative emotions and you will have peace.” ~ (Maitreya Newsletter #54, September 9, 2002)